Sea-Bird Scientific Photo Contest
From today until April 30th , submit your best photos and view entries to our 5 categories for a chance to win one of several prizes, including Sea-Bird Scientific swag and some grand prizes.
- Most Biofouled Sea-Bird Scientific instrument: biofouling sets in and–in some locations–seems to grow with unparalleled speed. Share some photos of the grossest equipment you’ve pulled out of the water.
- Most Beautiful Setting: does your work take you to the equator or the poles? Either way, now’s your chance to show off the travel perks of your research.
- Best Vintage Shot: dig through your archives for old photos – extra credit for legitimately monochrome shots.
- Best underwater shots: anything just below the surface to 10,000 meters counts.
- Best on Deck (or Dock) Deployments: shots of focused scientists and hilarious Niskin bottle mishaps both qualify.
Celebrating and honoring our LGBTQIA+ communities At Sea-Bird Scientific, we are proud to stand with members of the LGBTQIA+ community during Pride Month 2023. As with last year, we changed our logo on social media to feature a rainbow throughout the month of June in...
Did you get a chance to read about the HyperNAV program that we support in partnership with NASA? Sea-Bird Scientific is proud to be part of the NASA PACE Mission, which contributes to the UN Ocean Decade's 7 Outcomes. On December 5, 2017, the United Nations declared...
A New Paradigm for Ocean Color Satellite Calibration The HyperNAV program is part of the NASA PACE (Plankton, Aerosol, Cloud, Ocean Ecosystem) Mission, set to launch in 2024. The NASA PACE Mission is an initiative aimed at helping scientists understand how carbon...