What is the common or base environmental sensor suite, and what options are there for other sensors?
The base sensing suite includes a FastCat CTD, a combined fluorescence and turbidity sensor, and a PAR sensor. The current supported list of instruments for Thetis include:
- CTD: SeaBird FastCat CTD (SBE49)
- Dissolved oxygen: SeaBird SBE43 or SBE63
- Chlorophyll: Sea-Bird Scientific ECO or WETStar series
- CDOM: Sea-Bird Scientific ECO or WETStar series
- Turbidity: Sea-Bird Scientific ECO series
- Optical absorption and attenuation: Sea-Bird Scientific ACS
- PAR: ECO PARS (Sea-Bird Scientific)
- Nitrate: Satlantic SUNA V2
- Irradiance and Radiance: Satlantic OCR and HOCR
- 3-axis velocity: NortekUSA Aquadopp
Additional sensors can be accommodated but may require NRE. Sensors requiring flow though (pumped) measurements can be accommodated with our system.
The mounting system used for the instruments facilitates replacing sensors by the user. Adding new instruments may require new brackets.